Do you have damaged teeth or an uncomfortable bite? Are missing teeth impacting your smile confidence?
Dr. Sheryl Jenicke offers restorative dental treatments to renew the full function and aesthetics of patients’ smiles.
She works with her patients as individuals to fully understand their needs and find the best treatments tailored to them.
We welcome patients to discover more about what restorative dental care can do for their smiles at Brilliant Smiles Family Dentistry in Cadillac, MI.
We also provide dental services to the public that can help our new and existing patients.
What is a Full Mouth Restoration?
If you haven’t had access to the proper dental care for years—or for a lifetime—you may be suffering from worn, missing, chipped, or otherwise broken teeth.
Not only does this affect your self-esteem, but it can also affect the way you speak and chew. While it may feel overwhelming to receive treatment for multiple dental problems,
Our team at Brilliant Smiles Family Dentistry can help with a full-mouth restorative treatment.
By combining a variety of dental procedures and techniques, including periodontal and endodontic therapy, bridges, crowns, veneers, and dental implants, Dr. Jenicke can give you a beautiful, healthy smile of which you can be proud.
Restorative Dentistry in Cadillac, MI
Our restorative services renew the look and function of patient’s smiles.
- Dental Bridge: A dental bridge fills the gap left by one or more missing permanent teeth. Replacing this gap with a dental bridge improves the look and health of the smile. While traditional bridges use adjacent natural teeth for support, we will often recommend dental implants to support bridges because they restore teeth at the root.
- Dental Crown: Crowns act like caps to fully cover and protect single teeth. We work with dental laboratories and utilize CAD/CAM software to create custom dental crowns.
- Dental Implants: A single dental implant is made of a titanium post, attachment, and dental crown. Dental implants can secure dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures to create lasting, natural-looking restorations. Additionally, the implant posts themselves can become a permanent part of the smile.
- Dentures & Partials: Traditional dentures consist of false teeth held in place by adhesive. However, Dr. Jenicke can secure a denture with dental implants to improve patients’ bite function and comfort. Unlike removable dentures, implant-supported dentures allow patients to speak easily and eat foods without restrictions.
- Periodontal Disease Treatment: Gum disease can create gum irritation, bleeding, and even recession. Deep cleaning treatments like scaling and root planing can remove plaque and tartar from the gums and tooth roots. We can also use dental lasers to remove diseased gum tissue.
- TMJ Treatment: If you suffer from frequent jaw pain and morning headaches, chances are you have a TMJ disorder. Many patients with TMD may also clench and grind their teeth at night, which is why we often recommend splint therapy to prevent tooth damage and jaw pain.
Why Is Restorative Dental Care Important?
Restorative dental treatments repair and renew the smile, addressing problems like missing permanent teeth, bite disorders, and gum disease.
Many of these problems are preventable. Restorative dental care can address oral health issues that often develop if patients neglect their oral hygiene.
Brushing and flossing daily can make a large difference in patients’ smiles. This oral health care, in combination with regular dental check-ups that include cleanings and examinations, can prevent the need for restorative treatment.
We also recommend that our patients tell us if they have medical conditions that can impact their oral health, including diabetes, arthritis, kidney disease, and heart disease.
These conditions and certain medications can increase patients’ risk of infection.
Renew Your Smile
Do you need extensive dental care to get your smile back on track?
We can help. Call 231-389-6388 or request a dental consultation with Dr. Jenicke on our website. Dr. Jenicke is proud to serve the greater Cadillac and Northern Michigan areas. She treats patients from Lake City, Manton, and Marion.